One of the considerations in taking review classes is the accessibility of the review center for IELTS. Time and distance are two important factors that you need to keep in mind. If you live in the metro, the most accessible classes you can take are in the IELTS review center in Manila and Makati. Instructors in the IELTS review center in Manila are IELTS test-takers themselves so you can guarantee that they will guide you all throughout the learning process.
Aside from lectures and coaching sessions, JRooz's IELTS teachers also provide students with helpful tips and tricks to develop their skills further.
Habits that Affect the Quality of Your Voice
Taking good care of your voice is important especially in the IELTS Speaking section. In the IELTS training, you will learn that voice quality has a bearing on proper enunciation and articulation. Hence, it is crucial that you avoid these practices that ruin your voice quality.
• Having inadequate sleepIt is important that you keep track of your habits to ensure that you keep your voice healthy. Avoid these bad habits to elevate your chances of accomplishing your IELTS score goal.
Lack of sleep can derail the quality of your voice, leading to vocal strain and damage. This can result in a lack of clarity when speaking, loss of volume, and decreased tone quality. The body needs ample amount of time to recharge and regain energy. Hence, it is significant that you get at least eight hours of sleep every night. Also, take vocal naps. Allow a five-minute break every couple of hours. This is useful if you are delivering a speech, singing, or engaging in a discussion.
• Drinking caffeine
Hydration is important in keeping your voice healthy. Caffeine dries out your vocal chords thus affecting your voice quality. Drink water instead to keep your vocal chords lubricated. You may also take foods that contain large amounts of water like apples, watermelons, and peaches.
Smoking has severe effects for both the smoker and inhaler. For one, it increases the risk of throat cancer. Second, inhaling smoke irritates the vocal chords. Try taking alternatives instead. For instance, you may opt to eat hydration-conscious snacks whenever you feel the temptation of smoking.
• Clearing your throat
When you clear your throat, the vocal cords smack together. It results in swelling and can lead to vocal fatigue and strained sound. Whenever you want to clear your throat, try sipping water or tea instead.
- "5 Surprising Things that Affect Your Singing Voice" Take Lessons. March 5, 2015. Accessed June 18, 2017. http://takelessons.com/blog/vocal-health-tips-z02.
- Matthem, Aaron. "Bad Singing Foods Harm Your Singing Voice!" Your Personal Singing Guide. Accessed June 18, 2017. http://your-personal-singing-guide.com/bad-singing-foods.html.
- "10 Tips for a Healthy Voice." LiveScience. April 17, 2006. Accessed June 18, 2017. https://www.livescience.com/4078-10-tips-healthy-voice.html.
- "5 Bad Habits that Are Wrecking Your Vocal Cords" Take Lessons. March 14, 2014. Accessed June 18, 2017. http://takelessons.com/blog/2012/06/5-bad-habits-that-are-wrecking-your-vocal-cords/.
- Theiss, Evelyn. "Bad Vocal Habits Can Take Away the Power of Your Voice." Cleveland.com. November 15, 2010. Accessed June 18, 2017. http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2010/11/bad_vocal_habits_can_take_away.html.